Match the categories of your product catalogue (sorted by alphabetical order) with the channel categories.
Correct categorisation of your products is:
- part of good product referencing on the channels (search filters, ...).
- an indispensable step to display your products on the majority of channels.
- a recommended step by those channels that don't make this step obligatory.
If this functionality is not present, it is because it is not required by the channel.
If your product doesn't fit perfectly to a category, find the "higher" category.
Example: I don't find "dinning table", I choose the category "Table".
How to access?
"Channels" tab > Choose a channel > "Settings" > "Categorise your products"
How does it work?
- Click on a category in your product catalogue on the left, the channel categories will appear on the right.
- Choose the channel category which corresponds best to the category of your product catalogue.
- If needed, use the semantic search to quickly find a channel category.
- Identify the categories without matching by checked the "unassigned" box.
Once the catalogue is published, return here if you add new categories to your product catalogue to complete the "Categories Matching".
Example: In my product catalogue, I have a “Men > Shoes” category which includes all shoe types.
The categories offered by the channel are more specific than the one in my catalogue:
- “Men > Shoes > Trainers"
- “Men > Shoes > Derby shoes”
- “Men > Shoes > High-Tops”
When a category in your product catalogue is wider than the channel's category, split it up to fine-tune the categorisation!
How to split a category
- Select you catalogue category you want to split.
- Click on “I need to split my category” and “Add a new condition”.
- Select the channel category where you need to put part of your products.
- Apply a condition to select these products (more info on conditions here)