✅ The Lengow plugin for Wordpress is compatible with Wordpress versions 5.3 up to 6.1.1 and WooCommerce 4.0 up to 7.3.0
> Download our plugin from here!
This plugin is available to anyone with an open account on our current Lengow platform (V3).
> Make sure to read our advice and warning about the plugin
WooCommerce changelogs are available here.
1. Plugin install
1/ Install the Lengow plugin in WooCommerce
- Go to the "Extensions" tab > "Add" > "Display an extension online" > "Choose a file"
- Select the archive that our Customer Support has provided you.
- Click on the "Activate extension" link.
2/ Connect the plugin to your Lengow Account
Connection steps are detailed here!
Once the connection is made, click on the sidebar on "Lengow". You should see:
- an access to the products you export to the Lengow platform
- an access to orders imported from Lengow
- the main settings
- a Help Center access and contact to our Support Team
2. Updating your plugin version
Prerequisite: Get the new version of the Lengow plugin, zip file. (see info point below).
To update the plugin, you must install the new version as if you were installing a new plugin,from the zip file you retrieve that contains the new plugin version.
First you have to remove the old version (your data won't be lost in the process, follow our procedure below)
STEP 1: Delete the old plugin version
- Go to Extensions > Installed extensions and deactivate the Lengow plugin.
- Once deactivated, delete the plugin by clicking on the delete button that has just appeared. (Image 1 & 2)
STEP 2: Install the new plugin version
- go to the Extensions > Add page
- At the top of the page click on upload an extension
- Select the .zip file of the new plugin version.
- Wait during the re-install, it is normally quick.
- Check the version of Lengow plugin has correctly changed by going to any page and looking at the footer.
If you are unable to access this pop-up, request the latest version of the plugin from our support team.
When you use the plugin for the first time, you will need to configure some settings.
In this area, you will find:
3.1 Main settings
- Notifications & alerts: receive alerts whenever there are order import issues.
- Activate the authorisation by IP / Authorised IPs: Choose whether you want the export from the product catalogue to be protected by an IP address (instead of an authorisation by token). Where appropriate, specify the IPs which will have access to the export from the product catalogue.
- Product types to export (Simple Product, Variable Product, External Product and/or Grouped Product).
- Lengow Tracker: Both options allow Lengow tracker activation with the plugin.
By default, this tracker is deactivated and has to be activated to send data to Lengow.
Second option allows to select the product unique identifier which is filled in Lengow.
Shop management: These options allow you to activate the stores you want to link to Lengow for order synchronization. This data is automatically completed and activated when connecting with Lengow. You can however add catalogue ids in the fields corresponding to the need
- Debug Mode: use Debug Mode for test orders. Reminder: this setting must be ONLY and NECESSARILY enabled on your pre-production server.
- Log Files: your logs history (imported orders, error messages, ...) over the past 20 days.
3.2 Export Settings
Choose the type of products you want to export: they will be automatically added to your export.
4. Daily use
Manage your products
In this area, select products you want to export to Lengow.
For each of your WooCommerce shops, choose whether you export all products or a selection of products.
Click on the "Download" icon to download your products catalogue containing your selection of products.
In this section, you'll find two tabs:
- "Overview": Here you can view orders from your Lengow account.
- "Order parameters": All import parameters from Lengow orders.
- Orders are only imported only once their status has become "Waiting for shipment".
- As the import of order in the Lengow plugin causes a decrement of the stock on the product ordered, no import is made at the status "canceled" and "refunded".
- Once the order is imported, it will no longer be synchronized with the plugin.
For each of your orders from Lengow, you will find a new Lengow block with all the order information and the following actions:
- Re-import the order: recreate a new order and pass the current order through a Lengow technical error, but it's not worth further reducing stock.
- Resend the action: This allows you to resend the action to change the status of the order to Lengow. (Ideal for correcting an order import error, for example if you have just entered the tracking coli which had been forgotten).
- Re-synchronise the order: This allows you to remake the matching between WooCommerce's order ID and the order ID in Lengow.
In the plugin, you will find marketplace orders. You can see:
- if the order has been correctly imported in WooCommerce
- your orders current status (in progress and closed)
If an order is not correctly imported in WooCommerce, it will appear as "Not imported". Mouse over this message to know what is preventing import. Correct the bug and click on "Not imported" to re-import the order.
If you change an order status into "Shipped" in WooCommerce, while an error prevents the marketplace from switching the status into "Shipped" (e.g. because tracking number is missing), a "Not shipped" message will appear. Correct the bug and click on "Not shipped" to re-import the order.
If you encounter troubles whilst solving problems, contact our Support Team.
If you add a new marketplace into Lengow, consider making the new matching between your WooCommerce's carriers and the carriers of this marketplace.
Orders > Settings
- Default carrier: Select the default carrier for orders coming from marketplaces.
- Order status: the Lengow module allows you to match the order statuses from the marketplaces with the statuses made available by WooCommerce via a status matching.
- Orders import: choose here:
- the maximum period (in days) over which the plugin synchronise orders.
In the case of cron synchronisation, the time interval is automatically managed by the plugin and is based on the date of the last successful synchronisation.
For example, if the last synchronisation was an hour ago, the plugin will only recover the last hours.
On the other hand, if the last synchronisation is 3 days old, the plugin will synchronise over the last 3 days without ever exceeding the maximum number of days you have entered (It is recommended to leave this parameter with 3 days).
- if you want to import orders dispatched by the marketplaces, and where appropriate, if you want to reduce the stock of products in your WooCommerce for orders dispatched by the marketplaces.
- if you want to import B2B orders without taxes: This option allows you to remove taxes from B2B orders. By default, this option is disabled.
- Activate the currency conversion of your orders
All orders imported in WooCommerce will be automatically converted in the currency chosen in Lengow.