Subscribe as a professional seller to distribute your products on Rakuten (click on the "How to register?" tab to view the instructions in English).
To distribute your products on Rakuten, check that your products catalogue contains the data normally required.
Note: you don't have these values in your products catalogue? Contact the Lengow Support Team to find an alternative.
Add a channel catalogue
Add a Rakuten channel catalogue in your Lengow account.
Rakuten allows EAN Matching, i.e. if your products have already been created by the marketplace by another reseller, you don't need to send the "products" values usually required to create the product ad on this channel.
Matching is done on the basis of the EAN code (or another type of id depending on the type of products you are selling).
For these products, please ensure that you have completed the Category Matching step first before completing the Attributes Matching:
- Regarding Attributes Matching, fill in attributes ending with "_advert" and marked with a red asterisk (this means they are mandatory):
- Still in the Attributes Matching, fill in the required fields used to match the existing ad. Matching will be done based on one of these four attributes (in the order):
- submitterreference: Private reference (fashion and home products)
- pid: Rakuten France product identifier (all products on Rakuten France)
- codebarres: Barcodes (EAN, ISBN) (cultural products)
- referencefabricant: Manufacturer's reference (high-tech products and household appliances)
Note: Rakuten does not allow EAN matching for "private" categories.
Match your categories with Rakuten's using "Categories Matching".
Complete Attributes Matching
Match your products catalogue fields with the fields requested by the channel, based on fields definitions. If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules. For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
If a value is missing, please contact your Rakuten account manager to ask for this value to be created.
Some attributes are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be created or updated. Other fields are optional but Rakuten recommends you to fill them in to improve your products visibility.
Special features for Rakuten:
1. Set up your special offers/sales
1. Create a promotional/sales campaign in Rakuten
First, create a promotional/sales campaign in your Rakuten seller account. For any question, please contact your Rakuten account manager.
2. Set up your promotions/sales
To manage your promotions/sales, fill in the following fields in Lengow:
- productsCampaignId: campaign ID of the campaign created in Rakuten.
- productsCampaignRefPrice_campaign: pre-discounted price (original price).
- productsCampaignPrice_campaign: discounted price.
- productsCampaignPct_campaign (optional): discount percentage (integer only). Fill in this field if you want to "overwrite" your discount percentage.
Note: do not fill in these fields if your products are not on sale.
Rakuten advise you to set up your sales products 3-5 days in advance!
Set up your offers for Black Friday
Rakuten France is planning an extended Black Friday period:
- "Ventes privées": a week before Black Friday
- "Cyber Monday": first Monday after the Black friday period
Required settings are the same as the one expected for promotion/sales on Rakuten France. Make sure to send to this channel your offers few days before Black Friday period starts.
2. Delivery method and costs
1 Delivery methods
Here are the default delivery methods authorised by Rakuten:
- France: normal ("normal"), tracked ("suivi") and registered ("recommandé")
- France_Drom_Com: normal ("normal") and registered ("recommandé")
- Europe: normal ("normal") and registered ("recommandé")
- World: normal ("normal") and registered ("recommandé")
If you want to use other delivery methods, such as express_delivery, kiala et mondial_relay, please contact your Rakuten account manager to enable them. Then you can activate/deactivate them in your seller account Rakuten.
2 Shipping costs
There are different methods to set up your shipping costs on Rakuten:
- Shipping costs for the whole catalogue
- Shipping costs per weight
- Customised shipping costs per product
Please define your method with your Rakuten account manager.
2.1 Shipping costs for the whole catalogue
Set up your shipping costs as follows: fixed basic amount for the sending + amount per product bought. Contact your Rakuten account manager so s/he sends you the grid to fill in. No action has to be taken in Lengow for this method.
2.2 Shipping costs per weight
Set up your shipping costs as follows: fixed basic amount for the sending + amount per product depending on its weight. Contact your Rakuten account manager so s/he sends you the grid to fill in.
In Lengow, go to the "Attributes" page and fill in the "poids" field with your product weight (in gram without any point or comma). Each product shipping cost is then calculated by Rakuten, based on the provided weight information.
2.3 Customised shipping costs per product
Set up shipping cost(s) for each of your products. This method is recommended by Rakuten as it is more flexible and completely customisable in Lengow.
Fill in the following fields to manage customised shipping costs:
- authorization: this field defines whether a delivery method is enabled or disabled. Select the value "1" to enable a specific delivery method.
- leader_price: provide your "leader" shipping costs for the chosen delivery method. The amount must be greater to 0. Do not fill in this attribute when the delivery method is disabled (0).
- follower_price: provide your "follower" shipping costs for the chosen delivery method. The amount must be greater to 0. Do not fill in this attribute when the delivery method is disabled (0).
In the following example:
- the delivery method "normal" in France is enabled.
- shipping costs for a product bought on its own will be 7 €.
- shipping costs per extra product bought will be 1 €.
A product is "leader" by default whenever it is ordered on its own. When an order contains several products, the product can be either "leader" or "follower":
- "leader": several ordered products and this product has the highest shipping cost in the cart. This latter cost will be therefore considered for the order.
- "follower": several products have been ordered but this product does not have the highest shipping cost. Its "follower" shipping cost will be added up to the total amount of the cart shipping costs. (see image)
If you want to offer free shipping, please contact your Rakuten account manager to enable this option. Once this configuration done, the "free shipping" mention and shipping costs will be free for the cheapest shipping rate only.
3. Variation values
To manage your variations, make sure to fill in the following field:
- submitterreference: parent identifier (common to all variations of product, located on the "common fields" category).
This field must be left empty for products which have no variations. Do not enter the product unique ID in this field.
- color: mandatory if the product varies according to color
- size: mandatory if the product varies according to size
First make sure you have "created" your store from your Rakuten access. Indeed the marketplace needs to know the geolocation, its opening hours etc ... to give you a store identifier which will be useful when setting up the service into Lengow and for retrieving your orders.
Then, check that the product catalog used by the Lengow platform has a column with the stocks of your store(s).
And follow these steps:
- Add the "Click & Collect" online service from your Rakuten feed into Lengow. This service, once activated, will unlock attributes dedicated to the Click & Collect option which will be entered from the Matching Attributes.
- Complete the attributes visible on the block dedicated to the Click & Collect service. Make sure that the stocks filled and the store ID are those of your stores registered on the marketplace.
Add a condition on your attributes if the service does not concern the whole catalog.
Store stocks are sent to the marketplace every hour, along with data from the Offers feed.
Orders placed with the online click & collect service are only available via the Lengow API, they cannot be imported vthrough our plugin.
Indeed these orders have statuses and actions dedicated to click & collect which make them incompatible with our plugin at the moment. As the statuses of these orders are particular we advise you to consult our API documentation on this subject.
5. July 2021 - VAT legislation
If you are using automatic order acceptance, the easiest way to do this is to fill in the fields in the Attributes Matching.
Rakuten is requesting numeric ISO codes.
Note that for France, rakuten does not allow 250 but 249.
Manage your Exclusions
Follow the usual instructions for exclusions for this channel:
Are there product variations in your catalogue? Check whether the parent products should be excluded or not in the step dedicated to variations.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your products catalogue to Rakuten.
Regarding the fields you have to fill in:
- Rakuten FR login: Enter your Rakuten seller username here.
- Rakuten FR token: Enter your Rakuten Token Developper here. To retrieve it go to your Rakuten back office : "Paramètres du compte" > "Tokens" > "Token de connexion". Click on "Générer un token". Then copy and paste this code.
- ISO code for country from which your products come from.
If your products are shipped from different countries, you can adjust this value when accepting order.
- ISO code for EU country in which your products are taxed (where products are shipped).
If your products are shipped to different countries, you can adjust this value when accepting order.
Rakuten is requesting numeric ISO codes.
Wikipedia may help you find them.
Note that for France, rakuten does not allow 250 but 249.
Launch the channel catalogue
- Before sending your optimised catalogue to Rakuten:
- Check that your Rakuten online store has been created and opened.
Note: contact your Rakuten account manager if you have any question on this matter.
- Send your optimised catalogue to Rakuten.
Two distinct feeds are sent to Rakuten through API:
- Product Feed: enables products integration and creation. It is sent to Rakuten twice a day at around 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm. If your products are free from errors, they will be created on Rakuten and will appear online within 10 minutes, after the offer feed has been sent.
- Offer Feed: enables the update of prices, stock, etc. It is sent to Rakuten every hour. When Rakuten receives the offer feed, data is updated almost immediately on Rakuten website.
Read Integration Reports
Read product and offer Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured, either at product creation level (product feed) or updates (offer feed). These reports list only items which were rejected by Rakuten. For each product in error, Rakuten specifies the reason for the rejection.
Product and offer integration reports are available on Lengow : "Channel" tab > select "Rakuten" > "Activity"
>> Offers Reports "Error code: 60, alias"Error code: 60, alias, description: L'alias est obligatoire pour les créations de produit
The error means that the product is not yet created on Rakuten or it is in error in the Product Report.
- Consult the latest Product Report in Lengow. If the product doesn't appear, submit the feed again and contact your Rakuten Account Manager.
>> Products Reports "Error code: 60, attribute poids"
Erreur code: 60, attribute: poids, description: Cette valeur d'attribut "Moyen, de 350g Ã 1kg" n'est pas permise pour ce type de produit
The error means that the value sent for the attribute weight "poids" is not valid. Rakuten requires specific values on some attributes.
- Check the attributes definition in Lengow to solve this error.
>> Products Reports "Error code: 60, attribute fabricant"
Erreur code: 60, attribute: fabricant, description: Renseignez le champ Fabricant.
The error means the attribute manufacturer "fabricant" is missing.
- Complete this attribute to solve the error.
Edit a product file
- Edit "product data"
Contact your Rakuten account manager if you want to edit product data.
- Edit "offer data"
Data is automatically updated as soon as the offer feed is sent out.
Unpublish an offer
To stop advertising an offer on Rakuten, you must directly remove the product from the source feed. An exclusion with a zero quantity does not allow depublishing.
Manage your Rakuten orders
You can manage your orders in the Lengow platform.
1. Order retrieval
Lengow retrieves orders placed on Rakuten website every hour.
2. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed:
Here is the list of statuses corresponding to orders statuses in Lengow:
- Waiting for acceptance
At this stage, you can:
- accept the order. If needed, complete import country and or shipping from country (if these values are empty, data filled in the Attributes Matching will be taken into account. If these fields are empty at this stage, values from Settings steps will taken into account). You may select the product line.
- refuse the order. You may select the product line.
- Waiting for shipment.
At this stage, you can:
- confirm order shipment. You must enter a tracking number and carrier to confirm the order shipment. You may fill in the tracking url. You may select the product line.
- Shipped: The order has been shipped.
- Cancelled. At this stage, you cannot carry out any action.
- Refused: The order has been refused.
September 2021 - Products types changes: luminaire & solaires
- To sum up
- What you have to do in Lengow
Using previous taxonomy will avoid new products to be displayed for these products types.
- Original message
Nous vous informons que les produits du type luminaire et lunettes de soleil sont détachés de la décoration et des accessoires de mode respectivement.
- email@example.com: use this commercial e-mail address if you are new seller on Rakuten and you do not have any account manager yet.