This guide is for Lengow merchants that have completed the onboarding process first.
Make sure you have the "go" from our Support Team before starting your settings.
Everytime the Zalando "MasterData" file is changed by Zalando, it must be emailed again to the Lengow Support for integration in your Lengow/Zalando feed.
Match Zalando Categories
Only categories from the "MasterData" file, which are given by Zalando and called "Silhouettes" will be present in the taxonomy.
If you don't find a desired category, it's because Zalando doesn't allow you to sell products in this category. If something doesn’t seem right, contact your Zalando account manager.
Complete Attributes Matching
Zalando Product Overview
Product attributes are organized into three levels:
- product_model: The highest-level details that apply to all options and variants of the product, such as the model name, target genders, or age group.
- product_config: Mid-level details such as color and season.
- product_simple: Attributes that describe one specific product for sell, such as EAN and the size code of each EAN.
1. Set up your special offers/sales
To set up special offers/sales, fill in the following fields:
- promotional_price: discounted price of your product, which must be inferior to your regular_price.
- regular_price: strikethrough price of your product (original price). Mandatory field.
- regularPrice_01 (mandatory): original price of your product.
- promotionalPrice_01 (optional): discounted price of your product.
- scheduledPriceStartTime_01 (mandatory): date on which your promotion begins. Format example: 2020-05-20T00:00:00.00Z
- scheduledPriceEndTime_01 (optional): date on which your promotion ends. Format example: 2020-05-30T00:00:00.00Z
Your on-sale prices must be in your optimized feed from the morning of the first day of sales period.
2. Delivery method and costs
Contact your Zalando account manager to set your shipping costs
3. Variation values
3.1 Common fields
- partnerArticleModelId: your id parent (id which is common to all variations from the same product).
Note: This field has to be filled in. If your product doesn't have any variations, fill this field in with the product ID.
- supplierColor: This is the color that was provided by the manufacturer or supplier.
- Block "colors": Enabling you to match your products colors with Zalando's grid.
3.2 Specific fields per products category
Matching has to be completed for colour, size and material attributes. If your product catalogue includes these values, you can use the conversion list through a rule for the concerned attribute.
Note #1: All products must be correctly configured. If a variation is set up incorrectly (e.g. a size which doesn't contain a value expected by Zalando), then all the variations of the product will be unpublished.
Note #2: For products with variations, titles shouldn't contain any notion of variation.
- sizeGrid: Complete with size and size type as provided by your Zalando team partner
There are two attributes for materials:
- upper_material_clothing (mandatory): fill in the different materials of the product. Expected format: "CO|10000" for 100% cotton, or "CO|7000;EL|3000" for 70% cotton and 30% elastane.
- material (mandatory): the main material only.
4. Stock - Switzerland and Belgium focus
You are selling your products in Switzerland on both German (de-CH) and French (fr-CH) versions and/or in Belgium on both Dutch (nl-BE) and French versions (fr-CH)?
You must update stock for the same article (EAN) with the same value for both languages/subchannels in Switzerland and/or Belgium.
If Zalando receives a stock update (EAN) that doesn’t match for the product, the latest stock update from a particular locale will then be taken and copied to its corresponding locale.
See this example for Switzerland:
5. Other specificities
Other attributes have certain peculiarities:
The "supplierSKU" and "partnerSKU" fields must be filled in with the same product ID.
The "ean" and "partnerArticleSimpleID" fields must both be filled with the EAN code of your product.
Note: the pipe symbol "|" is blocking for this field, use commas to separate several pieces of information.
When the value is set to "false", there is no price update on the products with warnings. The default value is "true".
Manage your Exclusions
Zalando recommends excluding:
- Products you don't want to sell on this marketplace.
- Products not authorized by Zalando.
- "Parent products" if your catalogue includes some.
During the first set up
Send only a few products to start. This will allow you to make sure that Zalando's integration returns are good and will make it easier for you to identify the corrections to identifiy the corrections to be made to the configuration.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
Configure options before sending your product catalogue to the channel.
Launch the channel catalogue
- First launch: When your feed is ready for integration, contact your Zalando account manager AND the Lengow Support to launch the display of your products.
- Folowing updates: Zalando gets your catalog hourly.
Read Integration Reports
Read Integration Reports to check that your products are properly configured at both the product creation level (product feed) and for updates (offer feed). These reports list only items which were rejected by Zalando. For each product in error, Zalando specifies the reason for the rejection.
Product and offer integration reports can be downloaded from:
- Lengow: "Channel" tab > select "Zalando" > click on "Activity"
If a variation of the same product is incorrectly configured, all products linked together won't be published.
Edit a product file
Unpublish/Delete an offer
To unpublish a product on Zalando, indicate 0 units as a quantity.
Manage your Zalando orders
You can manage your orders in the Lengow platform.
1. Order retrieval
Lengow retrieves orders placed on Zalando hourly.
2. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed.
Zalando requires specific documents to be added to the package of the order. These documents are available in Lengow on the order details page:
- delivery note
- return form
You can also access these documents directly from the Lengow Orders API when your order has the "Approved" status ("Accepted" in Lengow).
2. Zalando order statuses
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed.
For Zalando, here are the Lengow statuses you can find on your orders:
✅ "new" corresponding to the Zalando statuses:
Zalando is in charge of approving the order at this stage, not the merchant.
✅ "waiting_acceptance" corresponding to the Zalando statuses:
The order is awaiting acceptance, you need to accept it.
✅ "waiting_shipment" corresponding to the Zalando status:
Possible actions on "waiting_shipment" order:
- ship. Ship action requires "carrier" and "tracking number" to be specified.
✅ "shipped" corresponding to the Zalando statuses:
Possible actions on "shipped" order:
- refund. Refund action requires "refund_reason" to be specified. Do not enter a "refund_quantity" (number of products to refund) if the whole order is being reimbursed.
Wait until you receive the product to perform the refund action. Lengow then informs Zalando that the product has been returned and the customer will be refunded.
✅ "refunded" corresponding to the Zalando statuses:
The MasterData file is provided by Zalando and integrated in your Lengow feed. This file includes all Zalando valid values for your products. Every "MasterData" file is unique and personalized by your Zalando Account Manager.
The values contained in your "MasterData" may change over time. These changes will not be automatically updated in Lengow. If your "MasterData" evolves, contact the Lengow support team to add the new data to your Lengow feed.
The "MasterData" file contains the information expected by Zalando for your products:
- Your silhouettes, i.e. categories in which you can sell your products on Zalando ("silhouettes").
- Your brands ("brands")
- Your seasons ("seasons")
- Your genders ("genders")
- Your age groups ("ageGroups")
- Your colours ("colors")
- Your materials ("materials")
- Your sizes ("sizeGrids)
- Your lengths (lengthGrids")
If you don't use Lengow's matching features, you can retrieve the values to insert into your source catalogue from this file.