Kaufland.de was formerly known as Real.de
Contact the marketplace to know if you are eligible to sell your products on their website.
To display your products on this marketplace, check that your products catalogue contains the data normally required.
Note: you don't have these values in your products catalogue? Contact the Lengow Support Team to find an alternative.
Kaufland.de allows EAN Matching, i.e. if your products have already been created by the marketplace by another reseller, you don't need to send the "products" values usually required to create the product ad on this channel. Matching is done on the basis of the EAN code.
For these products, contact your Kaufland.de account manager to know which data you have to send.
- Categories Matching isn't required
- Regarding Attributes Matching, only offers fields have to be filled in:
- Delivery method and costs attributes
Add a channel catalogue
Add a channel catalogue in your Lengow account.
Match your categories using "Categories Matching".
Complete Attributes Matching
Match your products catalogue fields with the fields requested by the channel, based on fields definitions. If necessary, enter hard values, use functions and/or adapt the values by creating rules. For fields with valid values, select the suggested value or match with your products catalogue values.
If a value is missing in the drop-down menu, please contact your channel account manager and ask for the creation of the concerned value.
Some fields are mandatory and must be completed for your products to be created or updated. Other fields are optional but the channel recommends you fill them in to improve your products visibility.
price: (mandatory) The price of the item in Euro cents (for example 499 instead of 4,99).
price_cs: the price of the item in Euros separated by commas (for example 12,99).
If the "price" attribute AND the "price_cs" attribute contain values, Kaufland.de will only use the values of the "price" attribute.
list_price: manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of the product. Format: must contain a number and a unit suffix. Example (in Euro cents): 1299ct
minimum_price: Price of the "automatic lowest price" Kaufland.de option in Euro cents (minimum price you want to offer, for example 499 for € 4,99)
minimum_price_cs: Price of the Kaufland.de option "automatic lowest price" in Euros separated by commas (for example 499 for 4,99 €)
If the "minimum_price" attribute AND the "minimum_price_cs" attribute contain values, Kaufland.de will only use the values of the "minimum_price" attribute.
How to transform your prices in euro cents format? (price attribute)
- Multiply your values by 100 to get Euro cent values.
2. Delivery method and costs
You can specify the shipping group that you want to apply for your offers within the "shipping_group" attribute. Please note that you need to create and configure your shipping groups in your Kaufland.de seller account first.
Contact your Kaufland.de account manager if you need further information about this.
3. Variation values
Kaufland.de accepts variation settings. But it is not possible to set variations in the Lengow platform, as Kaufland.de uses an automated process.
In order for their system to recognize variants, make sure to provide the same title and description for each affected product. One distinctive feature in the title and description is sufficient.
Example: "Nike rounded T-Shirt „Speed“, Black" and "Nike rounded T-Shirt „Speed“, White" will be identified as variants of the same product.
4. July 2021 VAT legislation - Get compliant!
Complete the "warehouse" field in the Attributes Matching, if your are affected (please refer to the field description in Lengow).
Additional information will be provided at the orders management step to let you know whether you have to collect the VAT or not for each order.
Manage your Exclusions
Follow the usual instructions for exclusions for this channel:
Are there product variations in your catalogue? Check whether the parent products should be excluded or not in the step dedicated to variations.
Preview your data
Check the data you are about to send to the channel at the "Preview" step.
Configure your Options
- Secret key: To retrieve it, log in your Kaufland.de seller account, go to the "API" tab and then to "Händlereinstellungen" > "Shop Einstellungen". Click on the "Zugangsdaten neu generieren" button if you haven't generated a key yet.
- Client key: To retrieve it, log in your Kaufland.de seller account, go to the "API" tab and then to "Händlereinstellungen" > "Shop Einstellungen". Click on the "Zugangsdaten neu generieren" button if you haven't generated a key yet.
Launch the channel catalogue
- Before sending your optimised catalogue to Kaufland.de, check that your Kaufland.de seller store has been created.
- Send your optimised catalogue to Kaufland.de.
Two distinct feeds are sent to Kaufland.de through API:
- Product Feed: enables products integration and creation. It is sent to Kaufland.de once a day around 1 am. If your products are free from errors, they will be created on Kaufland.de.
- Offer Feed: enables the update of prices, stock, etc. It is sent to Kaufland.de every hour.
Read Integration Reports
Read product and offer Integration Reports generated by Kaufland.de are not to available in Lengow. You must log in your Kaufland.de seller account to check them. This will allow you to verify that your products are properly configured, either at product creation level (product feed) or updates (offer feed).
Edit a product file
Edit "product data": Contact your channel account manager to edit this data.
Edit "offer data": Data is automatically updated as soon as the offer feed is sent out (refer to the "Launch the channel catalogue" step).
Unpublish/Delete an offer
- To stop advertising an offer on the channel, read our recommendations.
- To delete an offer from your Kaufland.de seller account, go to "Meine Angebote" > "Angebote manuell verwalten", select the offers you want to delete and click on "Löschen".
Manage your orders
You can manage your orders in the Lengow platform.
1. Order retrieval
Lengow retrieves orders placed on the channel website every 15 minutes.
2. Order processing
Orders go through various statuses in Lengow while being processed.
New orders are automatically accepted by Kaufland.de. Therefore, Kaufland.de orders appear directly in the "Waiting_shipment" status on Lengow.
Waiting_shipment. The order has been accepted and is awaiting for shipment. Here is what you can do at this stage:
- Confirm order shipment. Specify the tracking number and carrier name to ship the order.
- Cancel the order. Specify the cancel reason.
- Make a refund (see next step).
- Shipped. The order has been shipped. At this stage, you can make a refund (see next step).
- Canceled. the order has been cancelled. At this stage, you can make a refund (see next step).
You will find in your Kaufland backoffice dashboards and report to let you know whether collecting VAT is manage by the marketplace or you as a seller.
When the "is_marketplace_deemed_supplier" field is "true": Kaufland.de collects VAT for this order.
If you receive an order which is only partially affected (you have to collect VAT for some products only), Kaufland will create two separate orders with different order numbers.
3. Order refund
Kaufland.de does not allow for a full refund of orders, but compensation to the end customer.
Shipping costs cannot be refund as well.
This means that the end customer will receive part of the amount originally paid in return for his or her refund request.
To refund a whole order, Kaufland.de requests you to cancel the order.
In the case of a partial refund request of an order
the end customer will receive the price of the product, from which 0.01€ will be deducted.
- If 2 products are compensated on an order containing 3 or more products, the end customer will receive the sum of the price of both products, from which 0.01€ will be deducted.&
Proceed to the refund from your Lengow account ("Orders" tab) or through Lengow API.
Find here the latest changes/communications from the channel and what you have to do in Lengow:
- To sum up
Kaufland is migrating to the V2 version of its API. As a result of this API migration, Kaufland requires new attributes to be completed in order to keep your products published on Kaufland.de.
The new attributes will be available in Lengow on January 31st, 2023.
- What you have to do in Lengow
At the Attributes Matching step, make sure that the required attributes listed below in the original message are filled in once they are available.
- Original message
We want to inform you that we will soon migrate Kaufland API from V1 to V2.
Expected changes and impacts on product feed and offers:
New required fields (customers need to ensure this information is available in their catalogue and will need to do the mapping when the migration happens to keep publishing their products on Kaufland):
- new required field
- Description: The locale parameter (e.g. de-DE) allows merchants to provide different product data for the different languages and dialects spoken in different countries.
- was optional in V1, is required in V2
- Description: The condition of the product. (only numbers can be submitted)
- List of allowed values for condition:
- 100 : New
- 200 : Used - As new
- 300 : Used - Very good
- 400 : Used - Good
- 500 : Used - Acceptable
- new required field
- Description: The currency the prices are provided in.
- new required field
- Description: The amount of working days till the order will be handed over to the carrier. Has to be equal to or bigger than zero [>=0].
- was required in V1, is optional in V2 and renamed to id_offer
- Description: An identifier from the seller which can be used for tracking. This is also used to connect offers over multiple storefronts
- shipping_group (optional) becomes id_shipping_group
- warehouse (optional) becomes id_warehouse
- were required in V1, are removed in V2