How to access it?
"Channels" tab > Choose a channel > "Settings" > "Categorize your products"
Match the categories of your product catalogue (sorted in alphabetical order) with the channel categories.
A correct categorisation of your products is:
- part of good product referencing on the channels (search filters, ...)
- an essential step to display your products on a majority of channels
- recommended for channels that don't make this step obligatory
If this functionality is not present, it is because it is not required by the channel.
If your product doesn't fit perfectly to a category, find the "broader" category.
Example: I don't find "dinning table", I choose the category "Table".
How to match categories
Follow these instructions to match your categories with the channel's categories:
Click on a category in your product catalogue on the left.
The channel categories will appear on the right.
Select the channel category that best matches your product catalogue category.
Choose a category and match it with the corresponding category from the channel category panel on the right.
The category tile then turns green. If you selected a category without matching it to the channel category, the tile will then be highlighted in orange.
Repeat this action until all the products in your catalogue category have been placed in one of the channel's categories.
- If needed, use the search bar to quickly find a channel category.
Identify the categories without matching by checking the "unassigned" box.
The progress bar informs you of the category matching coverage. The color changes depending on the matching coverage. The bar turns green when the matching coverage exceeds 90%.
Lengow may identifies itself similar categories. When a catalogue category is selected (on the left), suggestions appear on the right, above the channel's categories list.
Once the catalogue is published, return to this step if you add new categories to your product catalogue to complete the "Categories Matching".
Access our helpcenter and reach extra information by clicking on the "Get Help" button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
Access the catalogue preview by clicking on the "View catalogue" button.
A category in your products catalogue may be broader than the corresponding categories on the channel's side.
Example: In my product catalogue, I have a “Men > Shoes” category, which includes all shoe types.
The categories offered by the channel are more specific than the one in my catalogue:
- “Men > Shoes > Trainers"
- “Men > Shoes > Derby shoes”
- “Men > Shoes > High-Tops”
In such a case, Lengow offers the option to fine-tune the categorization by splitting up your category, in order to distribute your products into several channel's categories.
How to split a category:
- Select the catalogue category you want to split.
- Select a default channel category for this catalogue category.
- Then, click on “split category” and “add a new condition”.
- Select the channel category where you need to assign part of your products ("Move my products into" section).
- And apply a condition (rule) to select these products(more info on conditions here). Example: When "title" contains "Boots".
- Click on "Save condition" to finalize the category split.